Guide For First Appellate Authority
Free for Seeking Information
An applicant, along with his application, is required to pay a sum of Rs. 10/- as application fee in case or by way of a demand draft or a banker’s cheque or an Indian Postal Order payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority,\. The applicant may also have to pay additional fee, as prescribed by the Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 foe supply of information as gives below:
- rupees two (Rs.2/-) for each page (in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- actual charge or cost price of a copy in Larger size paper;
- actual cost or price for samples or models;
- for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee of rupee five (Rs. 5/-) for each subsequent hour (or fraction thereof);
- for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty (Rs50/-) per diskette of floppy; and
- for information provided in printed from at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two par page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
If the applicant belongs to ‘below poverty line (BPL)’ category, he/she is not required to pay any fee. However. He/she should submit a proof in support of his/her claim to belong to the below poverty line. The application not accompanied by the prescribed fee of Rs. 10/- or proof of the applicant’s belonging to below poverty line, as the case may be, shall not be a valid application under the Act and, therefore, dose not entitle the applicant to get information.
It may be noted that where the CPIO decides that the information shall be provided on payment of fee in addition to the application fee, CPIO is inform the applicant:
- the details of further fees required to be paid:
- the calculations made to arrive at the amount of fee asked for;
Contents and Format of Application
An applicant making request for information is not required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him. Also, the Act or the Rules do not prescribe any format of application for seeking information. Therefore, the applicant should not be asked to give justification for give details application in any particular form.